Bruce Cheng is the founder and honorary chairman of Delta Group. Mr. Cheng mentors Delta’s future development and promotes Delta’s mission: “To provide innovative, clean, and energy-efficient solutions for a better tomorrow.”
Mr. Cheng founded Delta Electronics, Inc. in 1971 and served as its chairman until 2012. Under his leadership, Delta sustained over 40 years of vigorous growth to become a world leader in power supplies and electronic components that are employed throughout the global computer, telecommunications, consumer electronics, and networking industries. As the world’s number one provider of switching power supplies since 2002, Delta is a major source for power management, components, visual displays, industrial automation, networking, and renewable energy products.
Mr. Cheng has continuously promoted the green building concept and, since 2006, Delta has adopted green building techniques and technologies at all of its new office buildings and factories around the globe.
In 1990, Mr. Cheng established the Delta Electronics Foundation to support and sponsor activities related to environmental protection, energy-saving education, renewable energy technology development, green architecture and the development of environmental talent. In 2008, the International Astronomical Union (IAU) named Asteroid 168126 “Chengbruce” to honor Mr. Cheng’s pursuit of environmental sustainability and green citizenship.
Prior to founding Delta Electronics, Mr. Cheng worked at TRW and at Air Asia Co. after receiving a BSEE degree from National Cheng Kung University.
- Pan Wen Yuan Prize (2008)
- Ernst & Young’s 2010 “Entrepreneur of the Year” and “CSR Entrepreneur” (2010)
- Distinguished Accomplishment Award (2011)
- Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) Laureate Award (2013)
- Honorary doctorates from several academic institutions, including: National Tsing Hua University, National Central University, National Cheng Kung University, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, National Taipei University of Technology, National Chiao Tung University, Asia University, City University of Hong Kong and Taipei Medical University